Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suggestions for a cheap underwater camera
Will go on vacation to egypt in october, and I am considering dong some snokeling, I need a chea camera just for that, underwater housing seem to be very expensive, I did it in the past using a disposable film camera that did the job very well.

Any suggestions ??

Had the Olympus tough but it wasn't really waterproof and I had water going inside the first time I used it underwater

Get a GoPro.

ewa-marine makes underwater bags. Long ago I had one for the same purpose, They are watertight, clumsy to handle, cheaper than a new GoPro and "get the job done". In that price range I don't know much better. Nikon makes an AW-1, if you're not allergic to Nikon. No idea, if that's for submerging (they say so, but Olympus does as well...) or for an occasional splash.

I would go for a "generic Gopro style" with their 100% watertight casing, there are many now out there that do 4K at decent frame rates etc...

.....for around $150 for a top end model and from $50 for a entry version!

I've used Meikon (https://meikon.com.hk/) waterproof cases for my x100. Fairly inexpensive, but seem to work pretty well. One tip is to close the case up in an air conditioned room and put descant in the case to stop fogging. There are various vendors on ebay.