Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeiss Touit lenses
Quote:Not sure whether the large front element (partly) blocks the VF, though...
Most likely it does. The bigger question is, if the optical viewfinder offers a wide enough angle of view anyway (I have some doubts). So you'd probably better switch to the electronic viewfinder with such a wide lens.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

The OVF is useless with this lens anyway.

It's a weird name. Every time I hear "Touit" "Touit", I have to block my nose.

Quote:Well, 32mm lens is 72mm long; this is what they call "compact". To me such a spec sounds like an absurd. It should be around 32mm, otherwise _I_ consider it irrelevant for the NEX.

This is not a lens for a film camera - where the rays can hit at any angle. Will be interesting to see how this fares in the corners if Klaus' beloved NEX7 ;P

enjoy
What I'm wondering more about ... the Zeiss 32mm f/1.8 is in direct competition with the new Sony 35mm f/1.8.

The E-mount lenses are also no longer Sony co-branded.

Can it be that the contract expired ? Which is why Zeiss is releasing AF lenses to other systems now .... ?

Quote:.....Can it be that the contract expired ? Which is why Zeiss is releasing AF lenses to other systems now ....
....at last - it sounds good to me
From the sample images at fujirumors.com, the Zeiss 32mm is worse than the Fuji 35mm

Quote:What I'm wondering more about ... the Zeiss 32mm f/1.8 is in direct competition with the new Sony 35mm f/1.8.

The E-mount lenses are also no longer Sony co-branded.

Can it be that the contract expired ? Which is why Zeiss is releasing AF lenses to other systems now .... ?

Maybe the contract is only about DSLR lenses?