Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony NEX future
Quote:Why's that ?

The support is now pretty decent in C1 and the latest ACR version. 

1) I'd rather have a camera that works well with any RAW software )

2) I don't see any moire/artefacts benefits compared to Nikon 7100, only issues.
This looks likely to me: 

There will be 2 lines of cameras. 1) Alpha mount mirror less 2) E mount mirror less

E mount mirror less may have some kind of compatibility with A mount, like hybrid mount.

This is all conjecture of course, but looks logical. Sony's Cyber shot division, responsible for RX100 and RX1 have been successful in getting a hang of the market, whereas the SLR division has not been doing well. Might have been tough for them to take a call on closing down SLR line because of huge investments and Minolta's financial baggage, but now its very clear that Mirror less is the way ahead and its only a matter of time when cameras without mirror will take over completely. 

SLT will go down in history as one of those transitional, evolutionary products which, while on the right track, are not able to completely shed the baggage of past, in this case, some kind of mirror and a DSLR form factor. Like a man with both wings and legs, even though the legs are not needed anymore, they are there. 

I am not sure what will be the senors sizes. APS-C or FF...
Closing down SLR line now may be a bad hit for their existing A-mount lenses.

Current A-mount owners will stop buying anything and remaining stock would be hard to sell without big discounts.

Quote:......but now its very clear that Mirror less is the way ahead and its only a matter of time when cameras without mirror will take over completely.....

....good thing i'm almost dead then....this old wrinkly is not so sure about the future anymore....or even the present  :-

Quote:It's not resolution but DOF/perspective. As I've said I really like 6x7; and FF is a lot closer than aspc. Basically my hope is something contax-G like; most of the lenses might be f2.8 or f2 but the weight is quite acceptable (many of the lenses were not much heavier than mft and they are extermly high quality - esp the 21,45 and 90.

-

Hum. I guess landscape photographer would be less concern with DOF/perspective ?
For landscape, event, and  street photography, I care more about resolution than DoF. Most of the time, shallow DoF is my enemy. In low light, I have to shoot wide open/high ISO at widest angle and crop the region of interest to increase DoF.
Quote:The best sensors are made by Fuji if you ask me ...

Why this? Colors, dynamic range, noise, trust in brand, jpgs, sensor-lens harmony?
Quote:Why's that ?

The support is now pretty decent in C1 and the latest ACR version.

Fuji X-trans support is now also available for Mac OSX. You can chase your RAWS through iPhoto and Aperture.
enjoy
Quote:Why this? Colors, dynamic range, noise, trust in brand, jpgs, sensor-lens harmony?

Well, the colors depends on the conversion profile - this has little to do with the sensor. Similar arguments apply to the JPEGs.

The X-Trans sensor shows very little noise, yes. While the results are not free of moirees I'd concur that things are better than for conventional AA-less cameras.
Hi Klaus, are you aware that Fuji is bringing the 'ISO 100 is the new ISO 200' game to a new level. Actually if someone would do a test with a flash where every camera would get the same light would be much interesting
X-trans processing should reduce noise (and details) very well by itself, even when usual NR controls are set to zero.

So other cameras should be compared with some good NR applied after RAW conversion.

And I prefer a bit more grainy look instead of something smeared, but this is personal preference.