Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEX 6 vs NEX 7 (preliminary comment)
As I understand it the problem with the 7 is that it doesnt' handle corners very well for non-retro wide angle lenses resulting in loss of resolution and colour shift. So it's not clear if the 35 would be a world of difference esp if it is retro. Just for curiosity sake have you tried one of the high resolution ultra-wide non-retro range finder wide angle lenses (assuming you have one lying around somewhere) ? Maybe a voigtlander 12mm or contax G 21mm ?

I wanted a smaller, lighter, high quality system and was interested in the OLY OM-1. The camera store owner convinced me that the NEX was far superior. I remembered what PZ said about the NEX-7 sensor, and selected the NEX-6. Was this a mistake?

Quote:I wanted a smaller, lighter, high quality system and was interested in the OLY OM-1. The camera store owner convinced me that the NEX was far superior. I remembered what PZ said about the NEX-7 sensor, and selected the NEX-6. Was this a mistake?
I don't think you made a mistake... You can use the money you saved on camera purchase for lenses.