Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
welcome some ...
That might be teasing #2 for the Zuiko 75mm :-) ?

Quote:That might be teasing #2 for the Zuiko 75mm :-) ?
Looks like a safe bet.
phew you'll be glad i could wait for this thing to load - anyhow - ok it's time for some serious guessing here -

it's the mark 2 version of sony's 70-300@300? nope -

well then it's the brand new mark 2 version of C's 24-70f/4@24? impossibly wrong again -

how about: no doubt showing off the generous size of the apartments available down here, it's a prerelease of the pentax 560, oh ok f/48 might be asking a tad too much -

i know then, it's a lens that's a steal compared to the price you have to pay to rent said very large apartment down here, it's C's 500f/4 for those with that distant vision

Well, I guess it was too easy then. 3 of you were correct.

Surprising. On DxO Mark, the acutance is around 70% tested with GH2.

I think we disagree regarding a couple of lenses.

e.g. the Panasonic 12-35 is IMHO nowhere near as good as they state - it relies massively on auto-correction thus interpolation in the border region.

Quote:Surprising. On DxO Mark, the acutance is around 70% tested with GH2.
What really matters is a proper interpretation of the results. Here is what DxOMark has to say about the 75mm M.Zuiko:

"Money aside however this lens delivers good results for a Micro Four Thirds lens in all DxOMark Lens Metric Scores and with a Sharpness Score of 11P-Mpix it’s the sharpest lens available for this system."

and:

"That said if you’re after the best possible results and sharpness Micro Four Thirds has to offer and you’re prepared to pay for it the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75mm f/1.8 is the lens to buy."

In all likelihood Klaus conclusions will be in good agreement with those offered by DxOMark once he has completed his tests. I´m still misssing a test of the 20mm f/1.7 Pana on a 16MP cam though.
Lenstip results for the 12-35 were also quite positive (more so than I expected). They did notice the steep distortion but it bothered them less. They were also quite a bit more positive about the 60f2.8 than photozone. One negative about lenstip testing is that they still use a 12mp camera; though they do cover all the major areas (distortion, bokeh, flare, ...). I think part of the difference is how they weigh things. For example it seems to me that photozone is quite harsh on vignetting (this is not a comment on correctness) relative some other sites. For DxOMark I have no clue what method they are using as I can never make sense of the end results.

-

For me personally I dislike distortion, flare and especially CA but can be a bit forgiving on vignetting and corner resolution in most cases so I try to read reviews to see what they dislike not the actual end score.

I am also very interesting in decentered comments. I'm really kind of disgusted with the number of lenses (including olympus primes) that have issues.

Quote:Truely awesome (assuming that it's a FF system results)... Some more clues before we place the bets?

Serkan

Sarkan, 

Why "assuming that it's a FF system results"...can you explain this. 
Quote:Sarkan, 

Why "assuming that it's a FF system results"...can you explain this. 

Imagine a FF lens with that performance (esp. on the corners), wouldn't that be "truely awesome" ?... Smile

Besides, I was trying to mention the fact that manufacturing a (fast) lens with a larger image circle is more challenging than a cropped lens with the same performance (bigger glasses, less tolerance in production etc...). But of course from another perspective, this is the MFT's strength (as we see it from the chart). An awesome lens with a reasonable price, exceptional MTF50 performance and a very usable DOF controll...

Serkan