Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN
Not stellar but pretty good actually:

http://www.opticallimits.com/sony_nex/787-sigma30f28nex
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1360056291' post='21770']

Not stellar but pretty good actually:

[url="http://www.opticallimits.com/sony_nex/787-sigma30f28nex"]http://www.photozone...7-sigma30f28nex[/url]

[/quote]

Hi Klaus,

thanks for publishing this. Regarding the not-so-great boarders, could you possibly comment on whether this is a NEX-7 issues or a lens issue? I remember on the NEX-7 you had corner issues with many lenses (e.g. Sony 50/1.8), where, at the time, you weren't certain whether the lens or camera is to blame.

Thanks again

Joachim
enjoy
[quote name='joachim' timestamp='1360058467' post='21773']

Hi Klaus,

thanks for publishing this. Regarding the not-so-great boarders, could you possibly comment on whether this is a NEX-7 issues or a lens issue? I remember on the NEX-7 you had corner issues with many lenses (e.g. Sony 50/1.8), where, at the time, you weren't certain whether the lens or camera is to blame.

Thanks again

Joachim

[/quote]

Seems as if everybody wants to push me into the NEX 6 to confirm this. [Image: wink.gif]I think - yes, there is an issue. It'll be also obvious with the 19mm.
I suppose it is the same lens as on Merill DP2 - and there it looks amazingly sharp from corner to corner.

A.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1360058948' post='21774']

Seems as if everybody wants to push me into the NEX 6 to confirm this. [Image: wink.gif]I think - yes, there is an issue. It'll be also obvious with the 19mm.

[/quote]

A old NEX 3C would do it too, but that would maybe not that desirable for you. ;-) This test are very useful for NEX 7 owners, but there are not that many and for the successor of the Nex 7, it will may be a different story. So this reviews are maybe only useful for the NEX 7.
[quote name='Marco' timestamp='1360059704' post='21776']

A old NEX 3C would do it too, but that would maybe not that desirable for you. ;-) This test are very useful for NEX 7 owners, but there are not that many and for the successor of the Nex 7, it will may be a different story. So this reviews are maybe only useful for the NEX 7.

[/quote]

Even so the sequence of the ranking will be identical.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1360061393' post='21777']

Even so the sequence of the ranking will be identical.

[/quote]

Anyway, my intention was, that you maybe can wait for new cameras(with new sensors) at the end of this years. There are so many new lenses for the other systems, maybe it would be better to review them, than to show that the NEX 7 has a sensor problem, again and again. :-) Actually I was tempted by the NEX 7 interface, but the sensor performance let me deferred a purchase.
As previous correspondents have noted, you have said repeatedly that the NEX 7 has issues with its 24mp sensor. This makes lens tests with that camera suspect.

You also wrote that you planned to obtain the use of, or to puchase a NEX 6. One hopes that the Nex 6 with its 16mp sensor will produce more valid results.

Do you still plan to test lenses with a NEX 6? I own one and would be grateful if you did so.

thank you

Coltrin
[quote name='arv' timestamp='1360059194' post='21775']

I suppose it is the same lens as on Merill DP2 - and there it looks amazingly sharp from corner to corner.

A.

[/quote]

No, it is not the same lens at that of the DP2 Merill, not at all in fact.

No element is the same, and the DP2 lens is an 8 element, 6 groups design (with 1 aspherical element) where this 30mm f2.8 for Sony NEX/MFT is a 7 element 5 groups design (with 2 aspherical elements).
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1360077714' post='21787']

No, it is not the same lens at that of the DP2 Merill, not at all in fact.

No element is the same, and the DP2 lens is an 8 element, 6 groups design (with 1 aspherical element) where this 30mm f2.8 for Sony NEX/MFT is a 7 element 5 groups design (with 2 aspherical elements).

[/quote]

Indeed, you are right. I must have been fooled by same aperture and focal length; both 30mm and 19mm are different from DP2 and DP1. It seems (for the first time?)that Sigma decided to keep something good just for themselves.

A.