Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN
It is undoubtedly true that there are issues with the small pixels of the nex-7, depending on the lens used. I have a NEX-7 and a NEX-5n. On a recent photo trip there was an issue with dirt on the sensor of my 7 and I used the 5n for a while. Looking at the RAW files, I noticed again the better sharpness per pixel of this camera. I started doubting if I made a mistake buying the 7. Being an engineer, i decided to test what the real difference was, and shot both camera's side by side, with the same lenses. and yes, the per pixel sharpness of the 7 is less. But, the total amount of detail captured is always (with the lenses I tested) better on the 7. significantly better. visible in large prints better (say 20x30 inch). I think that people who buy the nex 6 in stead of the 7 for reason of problems with the sensor, are misguided. I am talking about NEX lenses, if you want to use rangefinder wide angles, and the 6 is as good for that as the 5n, than the 6 is a better camera for that purpose.

all this is only relevant if you really print large. otherwise I think it all does not matter at all end even the sigma 19mm will be a brilliant lens. I also have an a99, and some really good glass for that camera. At base iso, and when not to much processing is required, I have a hard time seeing the difference between my NEX-7 and the a99 in a 20x30 print. on screen, at 100%, the difference is clear, in print mostly if you look at them side by side, and even then. Digital has become very mature, and we have to measure to see the difference.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN - by arvydas - 02-05-2013, 10:13 AM
next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN - by Guest - 02-05-2013, 02:11 PM
next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN - by arvydas - 02-05-2013, 07:56 PM
next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN - by waardij - 02-06-2013, 09:52 AM