Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subjective opinions of testers or what do they actually use in real life
[quote name='Sahib7' timestamp='1359783352' post='21702']

What about Markus and Sebastian?

[/quote]

Well, the situation here is very similar to Klaus, lots of lenses coming and going and I usually get along with what's available as test equipment. Regarding cameras, I'm the dinosaur of the team, I mostly shoot with the D3x. However, I also more and more enjoy the pleasure of carrying a small system when traveling, which usually is the M9 and a set of primes (my favorite focal lengths being 35mm and 75mm). But I also managed to get along with just the V1 during last summer's family vacation (I'll post some pictures later).

I usually try to have a wide angle zoom and a fast tele zoom around for the D3x (currently waiting for the Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC), plus a fast tele prime if possible (85/1.8 for example). There are only three lenses that live here permanently:

Nikon 16/2.8 Fisheye

Nikon PC-E 85/2.8

Nikon AF-D 50/1.8 (I prefer the AF-S 50/1.8, but the AF-D is our benchmark lens to calibrate new test cameras)

I also love to shoot with a "big gun". Had the 200/2 VR for a while, but did not use it much, not enough to justify keeping it. Got a 300/2.8 VR instead, which I loved. Sold it recently and may try a 200-400 VR instead, but I'm not sure about that one... I may well get back to the 300 VR soon.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
Subjective opinions of testers or what do they actually use in real life - by mst - 02-11-2013, 07:39 PM