Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fujifilm announcements ...
Sigh.... 

Quote:Sigh.... 

yeah, it would have been so much easier if you cited the Sony 10-18mm f/4 rather than the  usual Canon stuff ...
The Sony is not that good (weaker corners, not that cheap, bad amounts of vignetting). So it would be odd to cite it in context of the post I reacted to?

I have not seen many Sony E mount cameras used, and none with a Sony 10-18mm, by the way.

The Sony lens is

a) quite good actually 

b) spec wise more similar than your examples

c) the answer to all questions in the universe isn't always Canon

The answer to more affordable wide angle in this case clearly is Canon (the 16-35mm f4 L IS USM is almost the same price, the 10-18mm is almost a quarter the price, the 11-22mm is less than half the price).

I responded to "The Fuji 10-24 f4 is pretty damn good compared to what's available elsewhere (DSLR or mirrorless)."

I disagree, it is pretty darn expensive compared to what is available elsewhere, and in performance comparable to what is available elsewhere. That you react allergic to Canon is not my fault.

We'll regardless of quality and value for money, it's clear nobody knows how to sell photography gear better than Canon. Their marketing department seems outstanding.