Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma 35mm f1.4: Sharp. Smooth foreground bokeh. Bad background bokeh.
sometimes i wonder about the sample shots that companies put up (although apparent lack of purple fringing looks nice), but possibly 35/i.4 is as much for low light in confined spaces for those people who need that stuff as it is for closeups in wide shot where trying to reduce the dof from a wide lens in good light is a difficult task, so Bc's opinion could well be right maybe…..and definitely worth pointing out (and ahem, your samples too Bc? - ever worked on making those 5 sides round in post:-)

and on another topic...... i kind of like these flame fights over Bc, adds some lively entertainment watching what one pseudonym will say about another on the web - interesting and fun(in an interesting way) no? - or do we take all this too seriously - Bc writes some thought provoking things, and where would we all be if no one wrote anything....or posted any pictures.....

and on yet another matter that Bc recently pointed out (which particular post i can't find right now)…..RPP looks nice, it certainly achieves good rez while also giving good levels - much nicer that adobe's dng manages, although on my pictures the bias seems to be towards blue, and its abrupt cut off of clipped whites reminds me of the d2x……surely there must be a way of overcoming that problem……given more time to look

Messages In This Thread
Sigma 35mm f1.4: Sharp. Smooth foreground bokeh. Bad background bokeh. - by soLong - 11-26-2012, 03:35 PM