Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LENS CANON
Hello!

I have a Canon 550D and I could use a lens to take pictures of clothing in a store

I take pictures of individual items such as a shoe / shirt

Which lens and better

thanks

Barbara
[quote name='barbara' timestamp='1352974213' post='20968']

Hello!

I have a Canon 550D and I could use a lens to take pictures of clothing in a store

I take pictures of individual items such as a shoe / shirt

Which lens and better

thanks

Barbara

[/quote]

I'd say that the EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM or EF 40mm f/2.8 STM should fit to the task.

A 40/50mm lens gives you a pretty undistorted view and they are fast enough for in-room shots (the 50s at least).
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1352974563' post='20970']

I'd say that the EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM or EF 40mm f/2.8 STM should fit to the task.

A 40/50mm lens gives you a pretty undistorted view and they are fast enough for in-room shots (the 50s at least).

[/quote]

[font="<font><font>Urto</font></font>"][/font]

GRAZIE

Barbara
I think your 17-55mm f2.8 IS USM will do the job fine. Any reason why you think you need a different lens?
What about a 50mm macro lens like the Zeiss for instance (depending on the budget of course)... I assume you'd like to get sharp/high contrasty results for the textures and with a decent bokeh maybe...

Serkan
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1352978215' post='20973']

I think your 17-55mm f2.8 IS USM will do the job fine. Any reason why you think you need a different lens?

[/quote]

Hello!

First of all thank you for the answer

Last night I took pictures in my shop with my Canon 550D and 17-55 f2.8 lens

I used the tripod I have arranged everything to 50mm aperture f10 shot with the Canon Remote Switch and now I'm not sure if I have forgotten to remove the stabilizer but in the end I'm ashamed to say that the pictures have come to nothing moves and sharp

qaulcuno pouo help with a consilgio

thanks

Barbara
Without images, it is hard to know for sure what went wrong. But with your 17-55 f2.8 you should be able to make sharp enough photos for just about any purpose.

If on a tripod, make sure the IS is turned off. If the tripod is not sturdy at all, use mirror lock up too, as the lens is quite heavy and long.

f10 seems a little but too small, f5.6 should do fine usually. Good luck with what you want to accomplish.
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1352997061' post='20986']

Without images, it is hard to know for sure what went wrong. But with your 17-55 f2.8 you should be able to make sharp enough photos for just about any purpose.

If on a tripod, make sure the IS is turned off. If the tripod is not sturdy at all, use mirror lock up too, as the lens is quite heavy and long.

f10 seems a little but too small, f5.6 should do fine usually. Good luck with what you want to accomplish.

[/quote]

Hallo!

Vielen Dank

Ich lege zwei Fotos von einem 2130 scatata zweite Woche immer mit dem gleichen Modus

und das Foto scatata ieris 2207 scheint mir, das war schlecht

Es kann sein, dass ich den Stabilisator zu entfernen vergessen

Sie können herausfinden, wo Fehler

sehr dankbar

Barbara
[quote name='barbara' timestamp='1352999970' post='20990']

Hallo!

Vielen Dank

Ich lege zwei Fotos von einem 2130 scatata zweite Woche immer mit dem gleichen Modus

und das Foto scatata ieris 2207 scheint mir, das war schlecht

Es kann sein, dass ich den Stabilisator zu entfernen vergessen

Sie können herausfinden, wo Fehler

sehr dankbar

Barbara

[/quote]

We still don't see the images. [Image: smile.gif]

However, at f/10 there's a good likelihood that the shutter speed was too slow (unless you used a tripod, of course).

If you take handheld shots at 50mm with activated IS you should keep the shutter speed to -say- 1/25sec or faster. Adjust the ISO setting if necessary.

From a tripod you can go slower, of course.

If you want to take a picture of an individual item you can easily go for f/4 unless you really need a broad depth-of-field. A sharp main object within a blurred surrounding is usually considered to be pretty nice.

A macro can have advantages over regular 50s, especially if the need for item close ups arises.

I'd recommend the Sigma 50mm f/2.8 macro as it is a great performer (great sharpness, no distortion, good bokeh) and it can be had for super cheap.
--Florent

Flickr gallery