Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capture One Output configuration
I have some question about some parameter in the "Process Recipe".

I want to make some print from my Image, Since I don't have any printer I'll go a profesional printer.

I have to chose from the format, Icc Profile, Resolution.

Should I go Jpeg of Tiff?

Should I try to match the printer resolution in ppi or 600 ppi is high enough?

In the ICC profile, I currently use my monitor profile to have good output, Should I set it otherwise?

Thank Xastoul
hi Xa,

i can only speak for a good quality printer i use - he suggests you use a calibrated monitor and view the proof set up under the format used, wants adobe rgb profile for inkjet, wants and provides a fijimatte or gloss (i forget its name) profile for fuji paper prints, and asks for 200dpi for his 'print ready' prints which he does at a very reasonable rate - and they say that a high quality jpg file is just fine
[quote name='soLong' timestamp='1351884404' post='20791']

hi Xa,

i can only speak for a good quality printer i use - he suggests you use a calibrated monitor and view the proof set up under the format used, wants adobe rgb profile for inkjet, wants and provides a fijimatte or gloss (i forget its name) profile for fuji paper prints, and asks for 200dpi for his 'print ready' prints which he does at a very reasonable rate - and they say that a high quality jpg file is just fine

[/quote]

Thank, so i'll bring the file with me and check with him...

I'll bring my laptop with me just in case[Image: biggrin.gif]
[quote name='Xastoul' timestamp='1351884658' post='20792']

Thank, so i'll bring the file with me and check with him...

I'll bring my laptop with me just in case[Image: biggrin.gif]

[/quote]

.... yes good one, laptops are so useful - and i hope your prints look like your monitor - i suppose after one try they will - good luck
It came out really good, only problem is the size... 12x18 is suppose to be standard but I have a hard time finding a frame[Image: angry.gif].

I'll probably end up with a 14x18 frame with two black stripe on the side.......
....excellent Xa - good to hear the print came out so well - and yes size matters, i always leave the pix just the way they come out of Ps, which means that i now have many odd sized prints sitting on the table between paper waiting for me to do something about a mount for each one - typical chaos