Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not to buy Meike auto extension tubes!
Hi guys,

Such a pity that the Meike auto extension tubes are not worth looking at, they promise compatibilty with Nikor/TPM AF-S in lens motorization,  screw drive coupling, auto coupling to Nikor AI outer aperture ring as well as auto stop down diaphragm coupling.

Then what's not to like?

The level of precision in the construction!!  First one did just not communicate with the camera, so it was useless......looking closely at why .....I found that the contacts to the body did not line up those on the body of the camera, so the communication was lost, that wasn't all! The aperture coupling lever that shuts down the lens had excessive friction, so the lens would shut down but struggle to reopen, the same thing with the AI coupling ring.

A second one would work sometimes, again the contacts were poorly aligned, I managed to make a better job of the alignment but it's still not something I can count on.

They have all the features but lack the all important ones..................

............that they actually function!!

Do not buy them, pay the extra and get Kenko extension tubes, they at least work!!

I still would have to buy the first Meike crap. But thanks fpr testing and confirming my prejudice. At this prices I do expect what you described. Friction for the coupling - the next thing possibly happening is that the camera itself gets damaged. Pas bon maché.

I bought a Meike EOS to EOS M adapter (via eBay). Less complicated product; form, fit and function all are correct. So not all Meike products are problematic.

Quote:I still would have to buy the first Meike crap. But thanks fpr testing and confirming my prejudice. At this prices I do expect what you described. Friction for the coupling - the next thing possibly happening is that the camera itself gets damaged. Pas "bon marché".

I have now two of the three which still function..........I know not for how long!

I will wait and find a set of Kenko tubes.
Out of interest: Is there a big price gap between Kenko and 2nd hand or grey import Nikon tubes?

Quote:Out of interest: Is there a big price gap between Kenko and 2nd hand or grey import Nikon tubes?
Prices vary for the Meike 30-70 euros, for the Kenko it's around 80-100 euros!

S/H there are varying prices!

Quote:Prices vary for the Meike 30-70mm, for the Kenko it's around 80-100 euros!

S/H there are varying prices!

Aah. Right, then I take dozen for 30mm.