Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 HSM DG OS Contemporary
Thanks Klaus. Your review pretty much matches my experience on the field, considering that using it on a APS-C Sony cameras my border experience is a bit better. Your review confirms my choice, that in my case spending more money for the Sport version wouldn't have been a good idea (considering that this lens is at the limit of my handholding). Also, I confirm I'm pleased by the bokeh quality, and I'm learning the Sport has got it a bit worse. 

So far my greatest problem with this lens is stability. With some shutter speeds, the remote shutter is fundamental, still I'm losing some shots because of blur. The a6300 has the silent shutter, I've never tried it with this lens, it could be useful. Also, because of the so-so tripod foot, a beanbag is preferrable over a tripod.

One year ago I tried a long shooting session with the a6000 and this lens, handheld, an the MC-11, with paragliders. Results were scarce (a minimal fraction of shots was sharp). One week ago I reproduced this test with the a6300 and its improved focus tracking. I'm still working on the shots, it will take some more day for post-processing, but my preliminary impression is about a remarkable improvement.

PS Now I'm pretty much curious about a comparison with the latest Sigma 100-400. Some reviewers say its IQ is comparable with the legendary Canon. And it's only 800/900 €. You give up 200mm, which is not neglectable, but the lens is lighter and easier to handheld. I'm curious about the IQ comparison in the common focal range.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 HSM DG OS Contemporary - by stoppingdown - 07-14-2017, 07:56 AM