Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hasselblad lenses on the Nex 7
Realising the potential of the NEX-7 sensor puts such great demands on the lenses that I'm exploring lenses other than Sony lenses (except the sony Zeiss 24mm) My latest foray is into Hasselbald lenses, which seem to be less expensive on the SH market than Leica or Zeiss.

I have a Hasselblad camera with a Distagon 60mm f/3.5 lens and this lense seems to give great images on the Nex-7, but not the superlative that I was expecting. I've not seen any comments anywhere iamnge quality from Hasselblad lenses on a Nex-7 so I thought I'd ask here for any comments on this combination.

Thanks

Jim
Regarding the Distagon lens on the NEX-7, I was very surprised to see rings about the circles of confusion in the background of this test image:

[Image: hass-distagon-60mm.jpg]

I would not have thought that a Zeiss lens would have such circles. Could this be connected to the fact that the lens mount of of the Nex-7 is so much smaller than the lens mount of the Distagon and that there is some difraction? occuring.

Any thoughts would be most welcome as I try to understand why this is occurring?

Thanks

Jim

PS I get the the same bright circles also with the Nikkor-S Auto 50mm f/1.4 lens. Which was the standard lens for the Nikon F in the 60's and 70's.
The bokeh is independent from the format. Maybe you didn't notice this before because you used a bigger format camera thus achieving a higher degree of background blur ?
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1334860405' post='17626']

The bokeh is independent from the format. Maybe you didn't notice this before because you used a bigger format camera thus achieving a higher degree of background blur ?

[/quote]

Thanks, Klaus. That's what I would have expected. I'd never noticed this before. It was a very big surprise that such a high quality lens would have that kind of bokeh!!
[quote name='jhs' timestamp='1334865477' post='17631']

Thanks, Klaus. That's what I would have expected. I'd never noticed this before. It was a very big surprise that such a high quality lens would have that kind of bokeh!!

[/quote]

The situation should be much better if you stop down by 0.5EV already. This outlining effect is usually only present at max. aperture.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1334867911' post='17632']

The situation should be much better if you stop down by 0.5EV already. This outlining effect is usually only present at max. aperture.

[/quote]

Ah, yes, thanks for that. I'll do some more tests when the sun comes out. :-))

Jim