Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera user interfaces, the good, the bad and the ugly
Quote:...

The only point I disagree with JoJu is the comparison with cars. Sure, we all can enter and drive a car that we've just rented and never owned before. But that "drive" probably means "basic usage", and basic usage is not a problem for cameras too.....

I stick with the example although I never drove a Tesla, Lamborghini or other special cars.

However, the feature of setting the AF-ON button will effectively lead to blurred images. Less experienced users are used to AF-ON when the shutter button is half-pressed.

There are a couple of possibilities I can imagine which leave a less frequent camera user helpless. Some cameras are for that reason equipped with a "green wave", put every switch on green and you're good to go. An Nikon D4 doesn't have much of green buttons and  I replied to this generalsation. Cameras, especially their software based interfaces are far away from any standard even if there are some common symbols liek trashbin, playback and MENU (gateway to hell).

Messages In This Thread
Camera user interfaces, the good, the bad and the ugly - by JJ_SO - 06-22-2017, 10:33 AM