Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera user interfaces, the good, the bad and the ugly
Quote:Thanks for the info BC. I've never used a Canon camera that's why I don't mention it in my comments.

However, from what I read the menus and UI seem to be somewhat similar to Panasonic which is fairly simple and logical.

The problem with Panasonic menus is that once you get into profile options, soem stuff that one expects to eb logically available, like aperture settings/aperture priority, no longer is. It means one has to set that beforehand, and only thereafter set a profile option. A real pain for a less sophisticated user IMO. There are others as well.

Even Canon menus are not all that logical at times, e.g. with mirror-locking and related camera slap prevention timing (can't remember the official name now, it is the timing you can set for the pause between mirror-up and actual opening of the shutter, for macro etc.). That is relatively deeply hidden, and I added those to MyMeny in order to find them easily enough.

In short, the non-standard options always have some idiosyncracies, with any camera brands, which one will have to get used to in order to make optimum use of these cameras.

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
Camera user interfaces, the good, the bad and the ugly - by wim - 06-27-2017, 10:58 AM