Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera user interfaces, the good, the bad and the ugly
We had a couple of discussions about DR of Sony (Nikon, Sony, Fuji) sensors vs. Canon sensors. Without being an expert in HDR or sensor-tech, I haven't had many situations I needed to do and HDR stack - or felt the need to do so. I'm more afraid of getting an artificial look than loosing some shadow details. It's different with Foveon sensors with their reduced DR and also comparatively poor nise performance above ISO 200.

Ideally focus stacking would be done by the camera in the way it sets the best resolving aperture, gets my input where to start and where to finish the sharp focus range (the real, maximal sharp DoF, not some DoF scale mumbo jumbo) and then calculates the steps needed to move the focus unit of the lens. Without saying is: set whitebalance and exposure manually. I'm not sure but I think it's better to change the focus of the lens instead move the camera, because that will change perspective and at worst would lead to overlapping highlights or dirty colours.

Messages In This Thread
Camera user interfaces, the good, the bad and the ugly - by JJ_SO - 06-27-2017, 03:11 PM