Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera user interfaces, the good, the bad and the ugly
Quote: 

"other languages" in the HTML version starts a Google translator. Awesome [/irony]. The PDFs - it pays not to turn the back, because the Google translator is not helping much - come in specific languages. Regarding the translation quality I'm not sure how professional the translation is. But as I don't deliver ePub and I have a tablet without 4G, I need an offline version.

Manuals very often keep silence on subjects which made me grab the manual  Sad

Toni, I never found a hardware which could convince me to run a virus magnet like Windows on it. Needing most battery to defend the system - I do not see any benefit. Working on Mac OS, I don't think any user volunteers to use crappy Windows tiles. It is an advantage to use apps like on a PC. Theoretically. In reality apps for a tablet need a different usage concept than the ones for mouse and keyboard (shortcuts!) operations.

LOL! That reminds me of my time in Japan. Did you know the Express train speeds you to the next stop! While the Almost Express train only stops at certain stations.

For computers I'm a windows guy. I like W10. I prefer it over OSx. Likewise, I like my droid better than my iphone. Not that either are that bad. Once you're actually running a program the differences are even less, bad programs lock up either system.

In today's world I would not choose one over the other for virus vulnerability. Security bugs are being found in released version of OSx and Windows on a regular basis. A key difference is Microsoft will disclose security flaws if they think the vulnerability is being exploited. Apple's policy is to not comment until after the fix is out.

Apple sure was good at promoting they were less vulnerable than Windows in the early 2000s when they generated virtually 0% server traffic. Security by obscurity? In the late 90's Windows still had ~90% of the traffic. Today it's still about 50% windows, 5% mac, and the rest between smartphones running iOS and Android.

I've never used a windows phone and only read good review of it. Unfortunately, some things don't quite catch on even when they are good or better.

And what's kind of ironic, around the late 90s to 2000 when I was using a mac at work, I had to bring up a windows emulator to do real work.  

Messages In This Thread
Camera user interfaces, the good, the bad and the ugly - by mike - 06-29-2017, 10:06 PM