Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamron 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 VC coming ...
Quote:Don't you get it?

I was making fun out of toni's ridiculous 15-200 idea. 
I maintain that making fun is funner using the exact numbers, not numbers that are exaggerating the difference. 

It also is fun to make fun of the not exact numbers used to claim very exact outcomes.

Don't YOU, get it? Asking about 1.53x crop was in good fun too.  :lol:

Quote:He's applying for a position in da test-lab  ^_^
The only position I can probably apply to is that of a tripod. Smile
Quote:Pervert ;-)
Well, everyone wants to spice up his/her life sometimes, innit? A fisheye, a macro, a T/S... a 22x zoom. Big Grin
Just to spoil your math ... it is HIGHLY unlikely that this thing is a 18-400mm lens.

On paper, yes, in the real life it's probably more like 19-370mm or so.

The manufacturers are ... ummm .. generous ... when it comes to rounding errors.

Quote:The only position I can probably apply to is that of a tripod. Smile

Yep, but I don't know if being a tripod is physical flagrant boasting , or just a lack of career ambition !  Tongue  Wink  Rolleyes

Quote:Just to spoil your math ... it is HIGHLY unlikely that this thing is a 18-400mm lens.

The manufacturers are ... ummm .. generous ... when it comes to rounding errors.

you're kidding. I was just about to measure the µm of the used sensor surface to bring finally some accurate dimensions in this otherwise highly unscientific discussion. How can one live with only one decimal behind a comma?  Rolleyes

Quote:The only position I can probably apply to is that of a tripod. Smile

"how "tripod" got his name, is not appropriate for children", Tom Waits
I can have a cane, not what you may have thought. Smile

But if PZ is hiring... I can work for food. Big Grin Or for the thrill of handling lenses. Unfortunately, most of what I can realistically procure around here has already been tested (though I'm fairly sure a test of the Canon 24-85 on a 5DSR is what the public is anxiously awaiting...)

Quote:Just to spoil your math ... it is HIGHLY unlikely that this thing is a 18-400mm lens.

And that is at infinity. Probably at MFD  more like a 18-150mm lens.
Yep, focus breathing FOV widening madness. MFD: 45cm. Max. magnification: 0.29x. That is what my 70-200mm f4 does at about 1 meter. So that would make this lens less than 100mm at MFD.