Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your suggestions for a 4K video camera for use on DJI Ronin
Quote:So if he wants a compromise and drop 4K what would your recommendation become ? 80D ? Or any more affordable alternative. Remember he had tilting problems with 6D plus tokina 16-28 since the combo is merely 2kg
I am not very at home in video aspects. I still do not understand why a wedding photographer would want 4K video. Who (clients) all have big 4K screens to see 4K? And not all 4K is worth the name, most have high res. files but not high res. IQ. Then there is the big storage size, the heavy computing involved to edit and even play back. Seems like a spec list want rather than a need?

If you want AF to not spoil the footage, the only AF in video that is any good really (upto a point) is the Canon DPAF. The 80D is about as heavy as the 6D, although a UWA lens is not that heavy for it. If you want shallow DOF, you can't approach what the 6D+ f2.8 Tokina gives. If you want big DOF, Af becomes less important again. 

The 77D is lighter than the 80D, and probably gives the same video features, including the same DPAF. With a EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM you get stabilized video if wanted, with silent and smooth/fast AF.

The EOS M5 with EF-M 11-22mm f4-5.6 IS STM lens is lighter still, offers DP AF too, and lens wise even better IQ. I believe the bitrate for the video is less. The EOS M6 is even more compact and light, and offers the same features as the M5.

If you drop the AF need, all kinds of other options can be interesting too, including that GH4 mentioned above.

Messages In This Thread
Your suggestions for a 4K video camera for use on DJI Ronin - by Brightcolours - 06-18-2017, 07:47 AM