Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon 6D in less than two weeks
no surprises, it's not mirrorless, only plus is a 26 MP sensor, seems dual pixel RAW was dropped 

http://www.canonrumors.com/updated-canon...tions-cr2/

Quote:no surprises, it's not mirrorless, only plus is a 26 MP sensor, seems dual pixel RAW was dropped 

http://www.canonrumors.com/updated-canon...tions-cr2/
Only plus is 26mp??

6mp increase is the least plus. Swivel screen, easier WiFi connection, touch screen and DPAF, new AF system, those are bigger changes to say the least.

And again, OF COURSE a 6D mk II will not be mirrorless. Mentioning that it is not is a bit silly.
  No big breakthroughs here in typical Canon style!

If you're talking about the focus shifting feature of the 5D MKIV that was a "fake feature" that caused a "stir" that immediately fell into obscurity! 

Those specs look thoroughly unimpressive
45 cross type AF points, $1999 at launch, 3" swivel touch screen, 100% view finder (not the fake 100% from Nikon D750)

People will bash and mock 6Dm2 specs all around but remember that neither Sony nor Fuji has a mirrorless with all-way articulating screen Wink. The closest we have is Fuji X-T2 and Sony's A99ii.

Canon may be slow and not really innovative lately but 6Dm2 will most probably be quite a good camera in its own genre.

Nikon is still better!

In terms of being even slower and less innovative  :lol:

Oh and there are and were a couple of Nikons with fully articulated screens. At least that bit they managed.

Actually Nikon is probably the one with the best segmentation and they have managed a lot of things in their cameras quite right, especially ergonomically.

Their studio DSLR with lots of megapixels has a pop-up flash that can control their wonderful CLS flashes with no additional investment required. IIRC the last manufacturer to come with such a beautiful solution in their pro-grade camera was Minolta with their 9.

D750 is pretty much a perfect all arounder. Articulating screen, U1/U2 user modes. Not too heavy, good AF, decent resolution...

I'm not even going to talk about D5 and D500 (Eh, Canon was there with 7D about a decade before them though).

In the meantime Canon and Sony assume their one ergonomical solution should fit just about 99% of their full frame users.

Quote:People will bash and mock 6Dm2 specs all around but remember that neither Sony nor Fuji has a mirrorless with all-way articulating screen Wink. The closest we have is Fuji X-T2 and Sony's A99ii.

Mirrorless with (fully) articulated displays are Panasonic GH5 and Olympus E-M1. Fuji offers an articulated EVF on the GFX50 S.

Speaking of ergonomics, I don't see any manufacturer doing more than "others do as well". Convincing concepts on touchscreen UI? Maybe Phase One has sort of. I'm still wondering why this is such a big problem. At least with cameras whose designers already didn't pay much attention to the usage with gloves, I don't see a lot well-thought UIs, not to mention advanced functions easy to use or reliable choice of focus points.

I like Nikon's ergonomics still as the best I tried so far when it comes to very complex functionality. But better than them is Sigma - okay, they have a very small feature set, but the structure of their Quick Menu is so much better than Fuji's attempt or Canon's (speaking of G11 and the wobbly multi-dial)