Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM ART
http://www.opticallimits.com/canon-eos/1...00_18canon

Quite nice but the borders and the foreground bokeh could be better.

Dunno why I am the only one interested in the your photography in the review.

Seems MFT is much more inspiring for your creativity...

Good you included a portrait shot maybe for the first time. although you overexposed it  a little bit and took in harsh contrast settings, like your reflection in the glasses though

http://www.opticallimits.com/active/magi...8A0343.jpg

Wait... is the lens weather sealed? This is the first time I hear about this...

A trivial issue: 1 SLD should be 4 SLD.

Well, with all my reservations of calling a lens "weather sealed" because there's a rubber gasket round the mount (I was just briefly looking around Sigma's descriptions and didn't find "weather sealing" as a term or a promise), it does help a bit having that gasket (instead of none). I just would not try every kind of weather unless I had to do so.

It might be a cool portrait lens for a Nikon D500 as well...

I can agree with all the review especially the tripod foot - half hearted. I just wish, Sigma would take a look to the Tamron feet and make it 1 cm long with a swallow tail - that would make a lot of people rather happy, I guess.

Yes, sorry - no weather sealing - and 4xSLD elements,

Good review Klaus!

No doubt about the lens's IQ all in all, although it's weakest at the image borders at 50mm (maybe a tad weaker on the Nikon 1.5X sensor), good bokeh and superlative center sharpness and pretty much everything else.

However I can't help thinking that with it's limited focal range and large size and weight, (1.5 Kgs is approaching the 1.9 Kgs of the Tamron A022 without tripod mount)  whether, one  85mm portrait lens and the  "nifty fifty" that finds themselves in most owners kit bags,  might cover most bases without recourse to another huge lens, many may own the advantageous F1.4 versions.
Quote: Wink Good review Klaus!

No doubt about the lens's IQ all in all, although it's weakest at the image borders at 50mm (maybe a tad weaker on the Nikon 1.5X sensor)
How about the Nikon 1.51x sensor? Or the Nikon 1.53x sensor? Or the Nikon 1.56x sensor?

Quote:Yes, sorry - no weather sealing - and 4xSLD elements,
So, not even an ass-gasket? (the product shots aren't clear in this regard). I know the Arts probably started getting sealed with the 12-24 and the 85 but I'm never sure since I'm just a review junkie and never handled any of them.

Hopefully within a few years Sigma starts refreshing these lenses, adding proper weather sealing to the Mk.IIs. Come to think of it - the first Art/Sport series lenses are (almost) five years old by now! Time does fly.
Quote:How about the Nikon 1.51x sensor? Or the Nikon 1.53x sensor? Or the Nikon 1.56x sensor?

Errrr.....I don't know these!.......like...... how about them.....  pray tell?