Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feature request (start new topic under view new content)
I have a feature request; might never happen but thought I would mention it. I normally view the forum via view new content as a passive reader. Occasionally (today for example) I want to start a new topic. The current mechanism for starting a new topic requires that you pick a forum (such as Just Talk) and then create a new topic. However, there could be an alternative method such that when viewing new content; you could click start new topic and then have a screen or radial or pull down (perhaps on the same page where you enter the post) that allows you to select the appropriate forum the post belongs.

Just a suggestion to streamline access. I actually don't know if this forum is an off the self creation that might limit what you can do or a home grown site (also don't know how difficult this would be to implement given your current code base/code structure) but I figure it coudlnt' hurt to suggest.

I support the basic idea, but there are more things in PZ which would deserve a little face-lift or streamlining. Anyway, we can't wail around for new tests and for new functions, it's no 100-persons-working-show.

The forum is a third-party software ...

I would still like to see the recent topics column extended to show more than the latest five threads and there's "all that unused space" below it, once off this list the system needs the user to remember where it is, or where it went....especially in the just talk category!

Wow just spotted the date!!

Funny, when I log into the forum and hit the "View New Content" button, the list is pretty long an defintily more than five.

"View New Content" (VNC) and Recent Topics, are two entirely different things. Recent Topics could be set to a different number in the past (I run a forum using the same 3rd party software), but as I haven't checked any time recently, I don't know if that still is possible.

In order to add the option to create a new topic from VNC, is indeed a costly exercise, and potentially would cause updates and upgrades to fail and/or overwrite any programmatic changes such as those required for such an option. Unless it is created as a separate add-on, possibly, but even then it would be a costly exercise.

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....