Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kodak files chapter 11
I learned it on Süddeutsche (German newspaper): Kodak files for chapter 11. Not sure what will come out of this. US law is different from many European legal systems in this respect. Many companies come back from it.

I liked the color of their slidefilms best - though getting them processed, since my last move is a bit difficult and expensive. You see I don't associate them with any recent product.

J.
enjoy
I already mentioned it heare

http://forum.photozone.de/index.php?/top...nold-died/

The news was not surprise for me. Today at Dutch radio sender radio 1 - they gave the same news.
I have little sympathy for Kodak. On the one side they killed all the b&w stuff (childhood memories); on the other they simply failed to execute. Kodak cameras (well pocket digitals) are always the worse of the crop; though they have managed to show off some very nice techology in the early days.

-

Anyways - I should be careful here; I mean I probably would have done worse; but still I feel a lot of large american companies are run by businessmen who don't know the business they are running.

-
They are still somewhat indispensable in some areas here in America. I can see them shrinking and becoming a half museum piece/special order. They really are an amazing company at not making money. They still make really old film stocks for special order and are really in tune with customers. I've called them number of times for orders and gotten excellent service and deals. I think they also have a great grip on color profiles and setting standards there of. Not quit obsolete, but definitely not making money.