Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant
To make, to manage a focus stack in the field, you need a certain amount of control - there are more settings which may not altered during the shot. No matter how you do the shot: Fully manual, including a macro rail or adjusting focus ring, an uncontrolled series of shots will lead to wasted time and no results.

Unfortunately, the maybe better interface of Arsenal will not help me with not shooting remote controlled. So, in a normal situation I am (or an Arsenal user will be) as f..ckd as anybody else.

I don't want to talk anybody in it, I just jumped on the clickbait "Artificial Intelligence" - which we are already using, sort of, with that multi-metering or whatever the fully covered metering field is named.

It doesn't let the camera walk alone.

It's sort of intelligence like IBM's Watson (I was not aware of this app couple of weeks ago). To me, it's more like a useful accessory, an extension like extension rings, flashes or remote triggers, just with some cool features added.

And the likeliness of coming to a nice subject with my camera, but without tripod or Arsenal is quite real. The developer is a landscape photographer, so it only helps with typical landscape issues. It's not huge, it's lightweight, quickly mounted and connected. If I think at D810's cable release and the fiddle with the stupid thread... Okay, switching to self timer is still quicker than set up a remote device. But it has it's charm.

Messages In This Thread
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by davidmanze - 05-28-2017, 09:44 AM
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by davidmanze - 05-28-2017, 10:33 AM
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by JJ_SO - 05-28-2017, 11:10 AM
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by davidmanze - 05-28-2017, 12:01 PM
On Kickstarter: Arsenal, AI camera assistant - by davidmanze - 05-29-2017, 09:52 AM