Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated Samsung Tests - Auto-Correction effects on MTF
Hi Folks,

the Samsung NX tests rely on Capture1 RAW conversion. In C1 it is easily possible to enable/disable distortion auto-correction so the effect is both measurable as well as directly comparable here. We had a debate on this a couple of times.

I've now included both MTF/Quality charts in the 20/2.8 and 30/2 review (mouse over).

It is fairly obvious now that the correction comes at a price - the higher the correction level the higher the loss in quality. So the NX 20/2.8 looses more here than the 30/2.

I reckon, however, that the C1 algorithm is a little rough. I haven't seen such an extreme difference in the M43 section.

NOTE1: It may be that you have to flush your browser cache.

NOTE2: The uncorrected RAWs produced a higher peak so I had to adjust the max. value accordingly.

NOTE3: In future tests I will only provide the RAW chart. It is too much effort to generate both.

Klaus
Hello Klaus,

in the 30mm Review both paragraphs are entitled "disabled" and the improvement looks very much less than 3/4 mark.
[quote name='marschiert bunt' timestamp='1322636125' post='13375']

Hello Klaus,

in the 30mm Review both paragraphs are entitled "disabled" and the improvement looks very much less than 3/4 mark.

[/quote]

Fixed.

Regarding comparison ... it's more a 1/3-1/2 mark on the 30/2, yes.

DISABLED DC:

[Image: mtf.png]

ENABLED DC:

[Image: mtf2.png]