Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 "C" for testing now
Quote:I'm just reporting the resale experience with the 35mm SP. I didn't create the market situation.

The question is, for instance, why one should buy a 35mm f/1.8 SP given the situation that the Canon 35mm f/2 is 1/3 cheaper.

These SP primes are all very expensive relative to their specs - and way too close to the f/1.4 Sigma ARTs.

700EUR for the 45mm f/1.8 VC - that's just nuts - sorry to say that.

The 85mm f/1.4 VC costs 800EUR vs 500EUR for the new Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 - the Nikkor has no VC but I'd say that this is hardly an argument for most Nikon users when they have the choice between Nikon and something third-party. It's even more extreme over at Canon (but that 85mm is ancient).

Who buys the 10-24mm VC for essentially the same price like the Sigma 8-16mm ?

Honestly I understand why the resale value is so low because otherwise the pricing doesn't make much sense.
The Nikkor AF-S 85mm f1.8 has no VR, has much less desirable bokeh, is less sharp I think, and has a really bad LoCA issue.

I can think of many reasons to prefer the Tamron...

The Canon 85mm f1.8 USM also has no IS, but at least it has one big plus over the Tamron and the Nikkor, and that is its very fast AF, making it a great (indoor?) sports lens.

The Sigma 8-16mm is not great sharpness-wise and could do with an update. But indeed, who would buy the Tamron 10-24mm VC over the Canon EF-S 10-18mm IS STM?
Well, we came to some different conclusions. So let's agree to disagree. 😁
Quote:I'm just reporting the resale experience with the 35mm SP. I didn't create the market situation.

The question is, for instance, why one should buy a 35mm f/1.8 SP given the situation that the Canon 35mm f/2 is 1/3 cheaper.

These SP primes are all very expensive relative to their specs - and way too close to the f/1.4 Sigma ARTs.

The 85mm f/1.4 VC costs 800EUR vs 500EUR for the new Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 - the Nikkor has no VC but I'd say that this is hardly an argument for most Nikon users when they have the choice between Nikon and something third-party. It's even more extreme over at Canon (but that 85mm is ancient).

The 150-600mm G2 is reasonably priced, I'm not so sure about the 70-200mm G2.

Who buys the 10-24mm VC for essentially the same price like the Sigma 8-16mm ?

Honestly I understand why the resale value is so low because otherwise the pricing doesn't make much sense.
Hm... does that mean the rest of the SP primes aren't going to be reviewed?

I would probably pick the 10-24 VC over the Sigma 8-16 if I had been a clear-cut APS-C user, because, well, VC (and filters... and 2/3 stop larger aperture). As I am a diehard 16-35 owner (on APS-C or otherwise), of course, the 10-24 makes less sense (but remains on the radar all the same).

The 85, all right, I have no preference - I used to be a big proponent of that FL but when I actually got my hands on the Canon 85/1.8 I found that I'm constantly finding it too long. The hit rate was not perfect either, but the VC would remedy that; anyhoo, the 45 or 60 would probably interest me more now.

Yeah sounds expensive to me too!

How about 478 euros......sounds way better doesn't it?    

Quote:700EUR for the 45mm f/1.8 VC - that's just nuts - sorry to say that.

Yeah sounds expensive to me too!

How about 478 euros......sounds way better doesn't it?    

That is not a regular price, is it?
in CH, you pay 50 francs more for a Sigma 50/1.4 Art. Well, in that case... Art buyers don't need VR anyway  :lol:

https://www.bonacheter.com/fr_FR/product...oCtFvw_wcB

From Bonacheter.com   inc. free delivery
So ? I can find the Sigma 50mm ART as grey import for 600EUR ...

Nous sommes désolés mais la page que vous cherchez est innexistante.
Quote:Nous sommes désolés mais la page que vous cherchez est innexistante.

Je vous assure qu'elle marche bien d'ici mon pot!!

OK BC here's what I get when I tap the link!!  version Canon!!   NIKON +3 euros!!

Try tapping Bonacheter!