Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pana GH-2 in Nepal
The images were all taken with the GH-2 & Leica 14-150 (via adapter) plus a few Pana 7-14/4:

http://photozone.smugmug.com/photos/swfp...Key=H2FqHJ
lovely pictures klaus, thank you, lovely depth too . . .

far away nepal - after all these years still worth the walk away from the maddening crowd
Very nice. Do you use auto focus or manual focus ? Last but least is the 14-150 still in production ?
[quote name='you2' timestamp='1320408310' post='12673']

Very nice. Do you use auto focus or manual focus ? Last but least is the 14-150 still in production ?

[/quote]

I used AF at the time. It's not super fast, certainly not usable for tracking, but it works just fine for static scenes.

I think the 14-150mm has been discontinued which is really a pitty because it's sharp - sharper than any other extreme zoom (and in fact most standard zooms on MFT).

The 14-140mm may be more sexy on the GH-2 but optically it is worse by quite a margin.
Most folks who buy an ultrazoom lens are not particular about optical quality. I am therefore not surprised by the apparent lack of interest in this expensive Leica lens.
[quote name='thw' timestamp='1320464411' post='12693']

Most folks who buy an ultrazoom lens are not particular about optical quality. I am therefore not surprised by the apparent lack of interest in this expensive Leica lens.

[/quote]

Well, one issue is certainly that it's not small. In fact it looks rather odd on the GH-2.

Pricing is another issue for sure. The field quality is great though.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1320477327' post='12695']

Well, one issue is certainly that it's not small. In fact it looks rather odd on the GH-2.

[/quote]

Any picture to share of that combo?

Thanks

Joachim
enjoy
Pricing is the key turn off for me. It seems readily available in the States but the cost is close to $1500 which seems a bit steep for such a slow lens. Also I'm leaning towards a nex and my old c/y lenses over the gh2.

[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1320477327' post='12695']

[/quote]
[quote name='joachim' timestamp='1320484657' post='12696']

Any picture to share of that combo?

Thanks

Joachim

[/quote]

Joachim, it's possible to see it on http://www.four-thirds.org/en/special/matching.html

very handy site for MFT users.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1320349522' post='12650']...plus a few Pana 7-14/4[/quote]

How did you get along with this lens? The M.Zuiko 9-18 costs just half of the Pana, a tough decision somehow. To bad that there are no ultra-wide primes for MFT around.