Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is buying a Hassleblad X1D beta testing?
  The camera store has just released it's review of the X1D medium format camera!

It comes with all the quirks and glitches you could ever imagine, slow switch on, lock ups, delays, slow AF, poor buffering and all the signs of an untested and unproved body. 

This is quite surprising and at least disappointing from a manufacturer known for it's ultimate mechanical and optical standards.

This will hit them hard as the equivalent Fuji CFX has only had positive reviews.

Overall the X1D looks to be an extremely expensive clunky beast at the moment!!   

In summing up he says; "This thing is the worst"

"make no mistake, I do hate this camera"

here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJSRKsj31bE&t=3s

All in all.......Ouch!
I don't think it's more beta testing than buying a GFX or any Sony mirrorless, really. GFX also has some issues that people are mostly avoiding to talk about because jumping the hypetrain is cooler and next generation cameras will be much better and the first gen model will be pretty worthless, like what happened with the X-Pro1.
The only plus is the shutters in the lens.

Quote:....GFX also has some issues that people are mostly avoiding to talk about because jumping the hypetrain is cooler and next generation cameras will be much better....

Exactly. I see it the same way. Om the other hand, both cameras are offering new qualities in imaging, and the dteails of that sensor ARE amazing. For me the handling is as poor as with X-T2. Lengthy menus, no user settings and the display mechanics... Sorry, not holding waht the price promises.
Quote:The only plus is the shutters in the lens.

And the body looks very beautiful. That's a plus.
Hassle-Blad? Looks like a Freudian slip to me right there. Smile
Quote:Hassle-Blad? Looks like a Freudian slip to me right there. Smile

What as in "Grief brother"?
That one I didn't know.

Mentally I already made a draw with "Habblesad" "Sabbeldah" or "Haddelblah", I even thought about dressing a certain dave cilché, but my joking energy started to ran low.

"they got a hassle here and a hussle there, hasslebold goes everywhere, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side..."