Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon V1 - it's here
I tried both the V1 and the J1 in a store and I have to say that I'm truly impressed, no not only that, I'm also shocked about the possibilities that open up. I was very curious about this camera, not knowing full why. But after having hold it and played with it, I'm sure I've looked at the best camera that was ever produced. It's hard to find words to describe what was just created, but... you know, I was wondering before about this motion snapshot thing. Doesn't that sound kind of strange? A motion snapshot, that sounds like an oxymoron and I thought: huh? What do we do with that!? What do I need a movie for!? They're clumsy, big, "uneditable" and often void of interesting content. But after having tried the camera I can say that it makes perfect sense for this very camera. A motion snapshot (I would patent that immediately!) isn't any of that. It's small, handy and with only interesting content, albeit still "uneditable" due to lack of a better file format. Best shot selection is the very first implementation that actually does what it should do. That's not another "does a little bit better than the previous" camera, it's a totally new thing that does new things, but on top of what cameras did before. Yes you can record a motion snapshot, but you also get the picture. That's the best of two worlds! Moving pictures, what an awesome idea! It's not just exclusively movies or pictures, I never thought this was possible, but there IS space between these two. Just remember all the pictures in the Harry Potter movies, they're something like that too. Just try to remember a situation in your life and you will see it as a short movie. We don't think in pictures, we think in motion snapshots and this camera lets me create them right away. That's one awesome thing! Then it does 10 fps with AF support and that makes like click-click-click-click-..., but wait.... that's what the 1D does too, that's what my D7000 does (not quite as fast). However the Nikon 1 also makes 10 pictures _without_ a single clicking sound and in full resolution and that's what NO DSLR ever did. That's what no compact ever did. Think of that! Completely silent 10x10MP per second. That's the perfect camera for natural portraits. Your subject isn't even aware of the fact that you just took 300 pictures, some of which are the most natural expressions that you would have probably never captured before, because each click of your camera was influencing and increasing the nervosity in your subject's expression.

The Nikon engineers must have felt this possibility with this camera. They didn't think of 10fps as a feature that you can vary so that you can vary the price. They know that this is an essential to the camera. The more I think about it the more clear the vision is: The world is fragile in that it's moving, it's constantly changing and the Nikon 1 is the first camera (well two cameras) that really acknowledges this very fact! It's the unobtrusive observer that has already changed my vision of photography.

Messages In This Thread
Nikon V1 - it's here - by mst - 10-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Nikon V1 - it's here - by mst - 10-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Nikon V1 - it's here - by Brightcolours - 10-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Nikon V1 - it's here - by mst - 10-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Nikon V1 - it's here - by mst - 10-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Nikon V1 - it's here - by popo - 10-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Nikon V1 - it's here - by mst - 10-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Nikon V1 - it's here - by Brightcolours - 10-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Nikon V1 - it's here - by popo - 10-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Nikon V1 - it's here - by mst - 11-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Nikon V1 - it's here - by Guest - 11-03-2011, 12:21 PM