Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon...
Personally, I would want to have better high ISO performance if I were going to be shooting a lot in a Night Club. One reason is that if I could make the shot without a flash, I would do so. Another reason is that if I had to use a flash, the higher ISO may shorten my flash recycle time and lengthen the flash battery life. Also, high iso performance would enable me to get a better balance of flash and ambient light in my shots...therefore retaining more of the colorful nightclub lights in the background instead of a full blast flash shot . Besides, not using a flash in a Night Club would seem to be a plus to me.

Take what I say with a grain of salt though, I have never shot in a Nightclub. But, I did shoot weddings (and nighttime football) for several years and good high iso performance often meant the difference between a keeper and a delete.

Brightcolors has already hit on the importance of lenses in your decision. I would also add that a fast lens will often improve your chances of auto focus really nailing the focus in low light situations...more light is allowed to reach the af sensors with a f2.8 lens attached compared to an f4 lens for example. I am not really up to date on the current crop of cameras, but I imagine the advantage of a fast lens concerning auto focus still applies. If I am wrong, I am sure those in the know will chime in.

Messages In This Thread
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by Fnen - 10-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by bryan conner - 10-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by Fnen - 10-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by Fnen - 10-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by bryan conner - 10-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by Fnen - 10-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by bryan conner - 10-26-2011, 04:49 AM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by Fnen - 10-27-2011, 07:13 AM