Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon...
[quote name='Bryan Conner' timestamp='1319546358' post='12478']

Personally, I would want to have better high ISO performance if I were going to be shooting a lot in a Night Club. One reason is that if I could make the shot without a flash, I would do so. Another reason is that if I had to use a flash, the higher ISO may shorten my flash recycle time and lengthen the flash battery life. Also, high iso performance would enable me to get a better balance of flash and ambient light in my shots...therefore retaining more of the colorful nightclub lights in the background instead of a full blast flash shot . Besides, not using a flash in a Night Club would seem to be a plus to me.

Take what I say with a grain of salt though, I have never shot in a Nightclub. But, I did shoot weddings (and nighttime football) for several years and good high iso performance often meant the difference between a keeper and a delete.

Brightcolors has already hit on the importance of lenses in your decision. I would also add that a fast lens will often improve your chances of auto focus really nailing the focus in low light situations...more light is allowed to reach the af sensors with a f2.8 lens attached compared to an f4 lens for example. I am not really up to date on the current crop of cameras, but I imagine the advantage of a fast lens concerning auto focus still applies. If I am wrong, I am sure those in the know will chime in.

[/quote]

I used to shoot with a PowerShot S3 IS in NightClubs, Even theres different lights moving around u cant have a good shot of people without a flash, so i prefer to use an external flash with the Lightsphere or another one of those diffusers around the market. And YES!, ISO its very important in this caase.

What do you think if i buy an used (T1i)+ (18-55)Kit, from a guy...he has been using it almost one year and its in good conditions and the price is $450.... so i thinking of that one...ur recommendation plz and thank u !!

Messages In This Thread
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by Fnen - 10-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by bryan conner - 10-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by Fnen - 10-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by Fnen - 10-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by bryan conner - 10-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by Fnen - 10-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by bryan conner - 10-26-2011, 04:49 AM
Im an EOS beginner and need a Canon... - by Fnen - 10-27-2011, 07:13 AM