Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultrawide double punch from Sony: 16-35 and 12-24
Quote:Although Sony's release frenzy is completely insane. I thought Fuji was fast but Sony is beating that pace.

What I'm wondering about ... how many can possibly afford gear at this price level? The GM stuff is clearly in professional or snob territory.

Photo forums are full of "Sony doesn't have enough lenses" messages. Even the insane pace we see now seems not enough to please the crowds.

Sony prices are indeed high, but new gear from the competition is not cheap either.

As income of professional photographers is going down due to market pressure (see how many newspapers laid off in-house staff), I guess the target now is rich amateurs who believe they need corner sharpness wide open.

On the other side, if the megapixel race goes on, maybe wide open will soon be the only aperture without diffraction killing the resolution.

Messages In This Thread
Ultrawide double punch from Sony: 16-35 and 12-24 - by davidmanze - 05-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Ultrawide double punch from Sony: 16-35 and 12-24 - by youpii - 05-18-2017, 08:20 PM