Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm f/2 ED sample gallery
[quote name='youpii' timestamp='1313666327' post='10809']

Will you upgrade to NEX7?

[/quote]

Well, under the assumption that the rumor mill is correct - I've the wet dream to use the NEX7 for both NEX as well as Alpha Tests.

Using this strange adapter there doesn't seem to be any substantial difference between the NEX7 and A77 anymore.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1313666484' post='10810']

Using this strange adapter there doesn't seem to be any substantial difference between the NEX7 and A77 anymore.[/quote]

The mystery adapter may add another 400 dollar/euro to the price of the NEX-7 and is said to drain a NEX battery rather fast.
[quote name='Sammy' timestamp='1313678300' post='10811']

The mystery adapter may add another 400 dollar/euro to the price of the NEX-7 and is said to drain a NEX battery rather fast.

[/quote]

Well, 400EUR/US$ is still cheaper than the additional A77 which I could skip then. I would also gather valid data for both system at once (which is a priceless aspect in terms of time).

As far as the adapter is concerned - I'm slightly wondering why it should eat more battery power than the A77. The A77 may have a bigger battery than the NEX7, of course, but other than that it's just a addition of the phase AF component into the NEX7. There'll be some losses due to the component distribution maybe but can this really be so much ?
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1313681601' post='10812']

Well, 400EUR/US$ is still cheaper than the additional A77 which I could skip then. I would also gather valid data for both system at once (which is a priceless aspect in terms of time).[/quote]

From a testing perspective a valid point. From a more general perspective the adapter is simply costly while the line-up of native E-mount lenses is still poor.
[quote name='Sammy' timestamp='1313682713' post='10814']

From a testing perspective a valid point. From a more general perspective the adapter is simply costly while the line-up of native E-mount lenses is still poor.

[/quote]

Yep
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1313666484' post='10810']

Well, under the assumption that the rumor mill is correct - I've the wet dream to use the NEX7 for both NEX as well as Alpha Tests.

Using this strange adapter there doesn't seem to be any substantial difference between the NEX7 and A77 anymore.

[/quote]

What about fixed half-mirror in adapter & A77 most likely would be not equal in position, maybe in material & thickness as well.

It is possible that one of variants would be more prone to purple fringing & ghosting than another.
[quote name='Doroga' timestamp='1313687786' post='10816']

What about fixed half-mirror in adapter & A77 most likely would be not equal in position, maybe in material & thickness as well.

It is possible that one of variants would be more prone to purple fringing & ghosting than another.

[/quote]

Why should the position and thickness be any different from each other ? There should be easily enough space I think.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1313656091' post='10806']

Technically the border quality is still good to very good - no doubts. Interestingly the measured CAs are fairly moderate (0.6px).

[/quote]

That then means that the CA testing procedure/software is not very reliable (which then explains certain results)...
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1313691664' post='10818']

That then means that the CA testing procedure/software is not very reliable (which then explains certain results)...

[/quote]

The CA procedure works fine within its parameters. Technically it is slightly polluted by LoCAs but even so it is meaningless because a color fringing is a color fringing regardless of its origin. You may argue about the naming of the "combined CAs".

PF is another issue as mentioned but not measurable. It is probably the issue that you're pointing to here.
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1313691664' post='10818']

[/quote]

It is difficult to compare, but angle looks different due to less space available:

http://ww2.sonyalpharumors.com/wp-conten...dapter.png

http://a.img-dpreview.com/reviews/sonysl...mirror.jpg

Mirror material could be different due to cost-cutting and/or more robust solution needed for an adapter variant.

You can wait a bit until others will compare adapter with a77.