[quote name='mst' timestamp='1313606081' post='10792']
Agreed, would have loved more DOF as well. But whenever possible I shoot handheld, so stacking is usually not an option.
Yep. I guess I'm slowly falling in love with the lens, definitely tempted to keep it. The question is: what to sell instead? I have just recently purchased a 105 VR for my personal use again, that would obviously a candidate ... *sigh* <img src='http://forum.photozone.de/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />
Nice shoots marcus. I'm really impressed by your last images.
1. The "wheat" image taken with PC lens is simply classes above the crowds of images in this forum. Good composition and technically excellent.
2. Some other WA close-ups ware good too.
3. This macro shoots have something special too.
BTW: I still remembered one of your images from old PZ time. The silhouette of man drinking beer at early morning.
After that was one period when you made good but not stunning images, and now you are back again.
It is good to see that you can make nice images with Nikon too. <img src='http://forum.photozone.de/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='
According to Sigma 150 OS.
1. Do you keep in mind that Sigma 105 OS is on the horizon too? I find the 150mm less useful that 100mm on APS-C. Maybe on FF the
2. How does it feel Sigma 150 OS. E.g as far as I understood the lens MF ring rotates 160 degree. The non OS version rotates 270 degree and I find it just good enough. My tokina 100 macro rotates 300 degree and realy pleasure to use at MF. However I take my macro shoots at â€“ 80% I setup in MF the magnification ratio and move back and force the camera. 10% - in AF mode and only 10% - I compose the image and turn the MF ring to achieve focus. It is sad news that lens maufacures are tring to make the MF ring obsolete even in macro lenses. E.g Canon 100macro non L rotates 160 degree too.
3. OS â€“ a still figuring out what OS/VC/IS brings to me. I have only one VC and I should say that VC helps me only to make nice candids snapshots of my kids. For BIF VC does something. For landscapes helps me to shoot 15.20minutes later in evening and earlier in morning but at the end I have to switch to tripod either. For wildlife VC is usefull. When I take serious images I use tripod. In this case Iâ€™m sure that I have made sharp image. When I shoot with VC is trial and error. Maybe I am becoming too old to learn new thinks. You know old dogs donâ€™t learn new tricks.