Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Zeiss C Biogon 35mm f/2.8 ZM (on Sony NEX)
Hmmmh, this one doesn't like the sensor either:

http://www.opticallimits.com/sony-alpha-...zm35f28nex
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1312562717' post='10410']

Hmmmh, this one doesn't like the sensor either:

http://www.opticallimits.com/sony-alpha-...zm35f28nex

[/quote]

It looks like the sensor does not like lenses with a short rear nodal points. Leica solved the problem by altering the edge and extreme corner pixel/lens alignment. So, as long as you use SLR lenses by way of an adapter, you should be good. It kind of removes any advantage the NEX system might provide.
Waste of time these tests.
[quote name='Sammy' timestamp='1312574830' post='10413']

[/quote]

Well, just skip them in this case.

However, I can ease your pain - at least 2 of the next 3 of my reviews are of high interest items. Plus those that Markus will add.
[quote name='Sammy' timestamp='1312574830' post='10413']

[/quote]

That seems like an uncalled-for harsh criticism, particularly as it gives no specific reasoning for its negativity.

Don't agree the Nex/small Zeiss tests are a waste of time, in contrast it is instructive to see what happens to corner resolution with sharp film lenses, that have rear elements close to a digital camera sensor.

Plus the Nex system is wildly popular and continues to grow in popularity and development of its model line. And the Nex is uniquely well crafted to support all-manual lenses, as Klaus notes to some extent in his comments.

We can now see how a bulky $200 plastic Alpha 35mm F1.8 lens on an APS-C sensor can run rings around an $800 tiny, well-made Zeiss lens in the one (not necessarily so important) area of peak corner resolution. Such reviews are not only entertaining in a weird way for a few, but can also certainly help save a larger number of people a ton of money.
It seems almost all lenses perform really bad on the NEX mount. But I think the following sounds quite interesting:

NEX-7

24,3 Exmor HD sensor

100-16.000 ISO

1200 zone metering

1920×1080 60p/60i/24p AVCHD 2.0 (28Mbit/s) video recording

3 million dot XGA OLED viewfinder

3inch 921k TruBlack LCD display (touchscreen)

10 fps

20ms startup time

Built-in flash

New universal hot shoe

Battery life for over 400 shots

Magnesium alloy body

"The Nex-7 is also going to be expensive because it has a customized sensor. Sony, I’m told, has struggled a bit with getting good corners because of the short registration distance. Sony originally planned for the NEX to be marketed at consumers and didn’t realize it would be a hit with enthusiast too. To combat the short registration distance, they put in some micro offset lenses. All lenses will benefit from this, including legacy glass so people will see improved performance with their rangefinder lenses."

Just a rumor though. But if the border performance of the NEX system is really improved, I might sell my mFT gear ...