Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricoh GXR Leica M-Mount unit
[quote name='boren' timestamp='1312621436' post='10420']

The GXR does cost more than the NEX, but with the aforementioned differences it's simply a better M-mount camera. I doubt that for the typical M-mount user a few hundred dollars is a deal breaker.

[/quote]

The typical M-mount user has a M9. The typical M mount user is a full frame user.

The NEX with M adapter and this Ricoh with super expensive M adapter are for people who already have a NEX or the Ricoh "body" and want to try an M mount lens that is affordable or that they happen to have for whatever reason. And for those people, it is a rather high price, this Ricoh module.

There might of course be some who are looking for a relatively inexpensive solution to use a collection of M mount lenses... and for those this Ricoh + body might be a solution. But the number of those will be very very small. The majority of people who would want to try an M lens are just that... people who would like to try some M lens. And then the Ricoh price is very very high.
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1312622074' post='10422']

The typical M-mount user has a M9. The typical M mount user is a full frame user.

[/quote]

From my experience, the typical M-mount user is a NEX or mFT-user.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

[quote name='mst' timestamp='1312624723' post='10424']

From my experience, the typical M-mount user is a NEX or mFT-user.

-- Markus

[/quote]

Well, a typical Zeiss ZM and Voigtlander VM user is a NEX or MFT user. I doubt that you will find many Leica lenses there.