Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung NX poll
This is for planning purposes ...
If Samsung is providing a NEX-5 like camera(sensor and size) I would switch. The rumored new 24 mm E-Mount lens is far to big.
[quote name='Marco' timestamp='1312376450' post='10365']

If Samsung is providing a NEX-5 like camera(sensor and size) I would switch. The rumored new 24 mm E-Mount lens is far to big.

[/quote]

You mean like a Samsung NX100?
[quote name='Marco' timestamp='1312376450' post='10365']

[/quote]

It would be as big on NX assuming the same specifications.

As already mentioned in other thread the size is pretty much coupled to the field-of-view and depth-of-field. A comparable 18mm f/1.2 lens in micro-four-thirds mount would be as big. The primary reason for the small size of pancakes is their slow speed. Exceptions apply, of course.
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1312378460' post='10366']

You mean like a Samsung NX100?

[/quote]

The Samsung NX100 is much bigger and the High ISO is not so good.
[quote name='Marco' timestamp='1312384513' post='10371']

The Samsung NX100 is much bigger and the High ISO is not so good.

[/quote]

If you think less than 1 cm wider and a cm higher, and about the same depth is "much bigger", then sure, it must be much bigger...
My vote is absolutely Yes. They build very nice and affordable prime lineup, and I am sure many would like to see how for example their 85mm f1.4 compares with others.

A.
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1312385704' post='10374']

If you think less than 1 cm wider and a cm higher, and about the same depth is "much bigger", then sure, it must be much bigger...

[/quote]

Yes, it is to high to fit in my pocket. I get the Nex all the time with me. There is also my money and a smaller book in the same pocket so it is very tight in there.

I use the Nex all the time and my A700 was unused since a year so I gived the DSLR away.
Yes, but only after they finally will release a good sensor