•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Close-ups with wide angle lenses
Nice, I like the last one.

Here's one from a while ago. Shot with an M9, which unfortunately doesn't allow to get really close due to limitations of the rangefinder (MFD 0.7 m). I tried to work around that issue with a slightly bigger subject... does that count? Wink

-- Markus

[Image: yak_close.jpg]
Editor
opticallimits.com

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

7D + Samyang 8mm fisheye

(did I attach it wrong? Click for bigger version)
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Is that the Summilux 24mm f/1.4 (with the incredible 1:25x reproduction ratio!)?

Guess that means the test report is coming soon?

http://www.opticallimits.com/leicam

Big Grin

Quote:Nice, I like the last one.

Here's one from a while ago. Shot with an M9, which unfortunately doesn't allow to get really close due to limitations of the rangefinder (MFD 0.7 m). I tried to work around that issue with a slightly bigger subject... does that count? Wink

-- Markus

Quote:... I tried to work around that issue with a slightly bigger subject... does that count? Wink

-- Markus
No.

Tongue

"close ups" and "far aways" are different, even if you rob a bank for a red point on a body and a lens :ph34r: I found a [url="http://www.photoscala.de/Artikel/Lichtstarke-24er-im-Test"]test of fast wide angles on photoscala.de[/url] looong ago and a lot of blahblah about the Leica lens, which was sooooo much better than CanoNikon. Given the fact CanoNikons focus at 10x focal length and the Leica at 29x and given the other fact of being triple as expensive and all that without bothering much about old fashioned autofocus, not much of that big impression left. Well, I know, it's fantastic and all that, but it better is - at that price and with this practical handicaps. Sad

Anyway, Klaus, Markus (my bad, sorry!) after all that rambling you probably need something sweet:

[Image: _DSC1058-L.jpg]

Or are you more into other things like this drunken beetle?
[Image: _DSC2064-L.jpg]

For those who want to pixelpeep Sigma 35/1.4
[Image: _DSC2064%20-%20Arbeitskopie%202-L.jpg]

So, from my side mo worries. I'm not envying you for your redpoint lens Big Grin

Please don't take anything of this post seriously, I even doubt the beetle was drunk, but the photographer probably a bit. Or two.

And it was you, who brought me to the idea of wideangle closeups in your test of Nikon 24/1.4. I really like it, still, although Sigma comes more precisely wide open.
Quote:So, from my side mo worries. I'm not envying you for your redpoint lens  Big Grin
No need to... image was shot with the Zeiss ZM 35/2.8 Big Grin

In fact, I have personally almost run out of redpoint lenses...

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:Guess that means the test report is coming soon?
Well, not quite there yet for the Summilux Wink

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:Niiiice thread! Does closeups wide open wideangle become the next fashion? Rolleyes

Well it's been around for quite a while. Most P&S macro modes are wide-angle. 

A couple of Nikon threads on DPR: 

AI-s 20/3.5

18-200VR
I absolutely love to click wide angles closeups. I mostly shoot nature. So, I take closeup images of animals, plants etc. I am eager to know what others think. I will post my pictures very soon. I hope you will all like it prepaidgiftbalance.
Wide-angle lenses can be employed when shooting close-ups for a unique approach to working with foreground elements, unusual perspectives and extended depth of field. These combinations can create some of your most dynamic landscape images. Above: In Big Pine, California, the perspective of a wide-angle plays with the leading lines and interesting composition of this tree in the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest.
Hello Kate and Alice,
Welcome to optical limits forum. This thread is old. This forum in the past was mix between gear and photographic site. Unfortunately the most creative photographers stopped posting here or disappered. Just to name few members as example- MST, Klaus, Toni-a, Backcontryskier
Currently the forum is mostly gear oriented. There many photography oriented websites, just google for them or send me an personal message.

Best Regards
Miro

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next