Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psssst ...
Quote:Actually photozone.de is been blocked by the Avira Internet Security Suite. I have no idea why they do that - inquiries have never been answered - but it's probably costing us 10% of the traffic. It's totally bizarre. I suspect that this relates to the crap content on photozone.com. One more reason to switch the domain. I've registered the name in two variations for .com and .net.
I'd suggest you register .org as well, even if you don't use it. Speaking from experience here ....

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Quote:.de has always been a comforting thing to me.  Back in the early days of the internet I used to be a regular on Wilders computer site which was a .de site.  It seemed the sleazier sites became, the more I looked to non-US sites for quality security and business applications, and more genuine and enthusiastic forums.  Then I got involved with beta testing and using a couple French based forums and software products.  Sad to say, but I find American sites are often a lot ruder and less helpful.  But, hey!  That's just based one my own experiences.  You may love .com sites and blogs.  It's just my own particular history.
An interesting perspective you shared there. I wonder if there's a feeling of being (in) a more separate, segregated Internet segment in Germany, akin to what the RuNet is? Of course, this site is in English and therefore appealing to the entire world, and there is no language barrier to separate it, but it's sometimes interesting to explore the national segments of the Internet because they have their own peculiarities, their own go-to services (unless Google and Facebook have stomped everything out, like the transnational businesses do on most weaker markets where the local players do not have enough strength to resist this), their own lingo and anecdotage, after all...
Hi Rover!

Yes, I can see where it could seem almost like an anti-American sentiment.  But I think you did interpret me better than I could have hoped.  I am actually quite proud of America.  But but when it comes to institutionalized corporate narcissism, nobody does it better than we do right here!  (I was born in the SF Bay area). 

You mention Facebook, and Google...I drive by them all the time.  The ultimate examples of greed and bad ethics:  The home team!  And believe me, distance could only make the heart grow fonder!