Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympus E5 and 12-60 / 50 - 200
Hi , I understand that Klaus is an eminent figure on this site whose opinions are highly regarded. I would like to know his opinion on the Olympus E5. I know that he rates the 12-60 and 50-200 lenses.

Adam.
I suppose you have looked at the review in DP Reviews! It's looks good for a MFT, but compared to its peers in the APC class, it does not stand up!

[url="http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse5/page14.asp"]http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse5/page14.asp[/url]
[quote name='amlucas' timestamp='1309014344' post='9521']

Hi , I understand that Klaus is an eminent figure on this site whose opinions are highly regarded. I would like to know his opinion on the Olympus E5. I know that he rates the 12-60 and 50-200 lenses.

Adam.

[/quote]

Well, I haven't used it. I talked to a EOS 1Ds user recently. His wife has an E5 and he mentioned that he'd immediately go for the Olympus but he requires high ISO settings for theater photography. Other than that (and non-1080p video) I'm not aware of any complaints. Oly did it right this time it seems ... albeit a little late.

Personally I'm actually agonizing whether to purchase an E5 - I still have the 12-60 and 50-200 in my stock here. However, at 1500EUR it is quite a bit overpriced IMHO. The Sony A77 is on the horizon and that's also very tempting.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1309027727' post='9526']

Well, I haven't used it. I talked to a EOS 1Ds user recently. His wife has an E5 and he mentioned that he'd immediately go for the Olympus but he requires high ISO settings for theater photography. Other than that (and non-1080p video) I'm not aware of any complaints. Oly did it right this time it seems ... albeit a little late.

Personally I'm actually agonizing whether to purchase an E5 - I still have the 12-60 and 50-200 in my stock here. However, at 1500EUR it is quite a bit overpriced IMHO. The Sony A77 is on the horizon and that's also very tempting.

[/quote]
Hi Thanks for replies. I have the E5 and it handlles just beautifully. It is heavy but so well balanced. Like an extension of my arm. Furthermore those lovely zuiko lenses are great. Klaus, thanks for your reply. If you are agonising about getting one, that has to be good news. Adam.