The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed on removing chromatic aberrations
Hi,

Recently I made the attached picture. It doesn't look too bad at this size, but a 100% crop (also attached) shows some serious chromatic aberrations around the light branches/grasses.

The photo was taken with a Canon EF 100-300mm F/4.5-5.6 USM. Chromatic aberrations are one of the weaknesses of this lens, according to the test on this site. But that same test also says: "Nonetheless lateral CAs can be corrected or at least reduced via imaging tools like Photoshop".

Can anybody give me some advice how to do this? I have tried with both Photoshop CS5 and Canon DPP 3.9.3.0, with little result. With Photoshop I seem to be able to practically remove the red fringe from either one or the other side of a branch, but not from both, using the chromatic aberrations slider in Camera Raw. In Canon DPP I cannot get any improvement.

Thomas

Messages In This Thread
Advice needed on removing chromatic aberrations - by Guest - 06-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Advice needed on removing chromatic aberrations - by Guest - 06-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Advice needed on removing chromatic aberrations - by Guest - 06-25-2011, 12:55 PM