Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New firmware Sony NEX
Hi,

I just updated my Sony NEX3 to firmware version 4.

Just to share my experience:

For using old manual lenses with adapter (I own 4 Contax G lenses and a Kipon adapter) the new

Peaking function at manual focus mode is a game changer!

Manual fokusing is a breeze - better than using an exellent OVF.

I see exactly which parts of the image are in focus - clearly outlined e.g. in yellow (or red, blue, white). Manual focus assist (magnification) and depth of field control is obsolete now.

It also works in film mode.

Just increase the pixel count of existing EVFs (Panasonic GH2, Sony A55), add Peaking function, and OVF is dead - at least for me.

m43 and the new lenses (e.g. Leica 1,4/25) are very tempting, but as long as Sony has Peaking function, I think I will not change.

Regards

Lars
[quote name='Lars' timestamp='1308647604' post='9377']

Hi,

I just updated my Sony NEX3 to firmware version 4.

Just to share my experience:

For using old manual lenses with adapter (I own 4 Contax G lenses and a Kipon adapter) the new

Peaking function at manual focus mode is a game changer!

Manual fokusing is a breeze - better than using an exellent OVF.

I see exactly which parts of the image are in focus - clearly outlined e.g. in yellow (or red, blue, white). Manual focus assist (magnification) and depth of field control is obsolete now.

It also works in film mode.

Just increase the pixel count of existing EVFs (Panasonic GH2, Sony A55), add Peaking function, and OVF is dead - at least for me.

m43 and the new lenses (e.g. Leica 1,4/25) are very tempting, but as long as Sony has Peaking function, I think I will not change.

Regards

Lars

[/quote]

Yes, agreed regarding OVF. There're simply too many advantages here.

I still wish that there was a NEX with EVF. Just the display is really too limiting in outdoor situations.

And there need to be more lenses. Just three of them is ridiculous by now. Sony must really pick up speed here.
Totally agreed!

I hope for NEX7 with EVF (but 24 Mpx is insane) and Zeiss 1,7/24.

Meanwhile I use a LCDVF 16/9 for my NEX3 - very good lens, perfect for outdoor situations.

But ruins the small NEX design and has no diopter correction (no problem, if you are under 40).

A high quality standard zoom (e.g. 16-80 with OSS) would be my dream lens. The IQ of the Sony 18-55 is very limiting.

[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1308649490' post='9378']

Yes, agreed regarding OVF. There're simply too many advantages here.

I still wish that there was a NEX with EVF. Just the display is really too limiting in outdoor situations.

And there need to be more lenses. Just three of them is ridiculous by now. Sony must really pick up speed here.

[/quote]