Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tripod
Hello Mateo,

I did similar research about 2 years ago. I assume that you are outdoor photographer.

- Lever or twist lock – As Walter said. It is matter of personal preferences. I had lever system before, but I’m using twist now. The legs of any good /Gitzo like/ twist system doesn’t rotate. I prefer twist system.

- 190CX3 is very good tripod. Ones you use the Manfrotto Q90 system you will never go back. It works fine for macro and UWA landscapes. Giottos offer similar system but it is a little bit heavier.

- If low position is not important it is worth to look at Feisol. Quite popular by bird shooters. Remember there is different quality of Carbon Feisol and Gitzo are one of the best. They use less compound and more fibers and the fibers are top quality -air space standard.

- One advice – before collapsing the legs clean them, if you don’t have anything do that with your hand. It saves some scratches and headache latter.

- Instead of dedicated sand bag you can use your backpack or camera bag to weight your tripod.

- I don’t have any experience with Cullmann.

I have few question.

- What head do you want to use?

- What is your maximum acceptable weight of tripod+head? – my advice is get the heavier that you can accept.

- Do you have requirement for max folded length? – 4 section tripods are less stable than 3 section.

- How low and how high do you want to go?

- How heavy are your camera + Lens + flash?

- What is your longest lens?

Greetings,

Miro

Messages In This Thread
Tripod - by Mateo - 06-19-2011, 04:36 AM
Tripod - by bryan conner - 06-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Tripod - by Guest - 06-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Tripod - by Mateo - 06-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Tripod - by bryan conner - 06-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Tripod - by miro - 06-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Tripod - by Mateo - 06-20-2011, 02:16 PM