Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voiglander Nokton 58mm f1.4 SI II on Pentax PLEASE!
[quote name='Albert' timestamp='1305215087' post='8263']

The Nokton seems to be a quite interesting lens on the Nikon APS-C. I am desperate to see how it performs on pentax. It is arguably the only moderately priced high quality "85/1.4" lens currently available for Pentax system(The native 55/1.4 seems to be a quite controversial lens and its price is just ridiculous; no other third party offers a lens with similar focal length). Would you guys please give it a try on Pentax? PLZ....

[/quote]

The Nikon 10MP and Pentax 10MP tests seem to align very closely, fortunately for us Pentax users. There's a few common lenses that you can use to cross-reference between the 2 sets, such as the Tamron 90mm and you'll see that there is very little difference, even in the LW/PW. So, you can see how well the Nokton 58mm does on Nikon and it will do as well on Pentax.

I do have the Nokton 58mm in Pentax mount and it's for sure the sharpest lens I've used, better than the DA35 Ltd Macro, the A50/1.4 and APO-Lanthar 90/3.5mm.

The lens that I would like to see tested on Pentax is the DFA 50/2.8 Macro, which is supposedly even sharper than the Nokton 58mm, but which I have never seen objectively tested on any of the test websites.

Messages In This Thread
Voiglander Nokton 58mm f1.4 SI II on Pentax PLEASE! - by dave9t5 - 05-12-2011, 04:19 PM