Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voiglander Nokton 58mm f1.4 SI II on Pentax PLEASE!
[quote name='Albert' timestamp='1305256887' post='8281']

Yes! It really makes sense to refer to the Nikon test. Good idea Dave!

As for macro... Ever since I came across some pictures shoot with the Voiglander 125mm macro, it became the ONLY apple in my eyes.... However, it seems it's almost impossible to get my hands on one. No idea why Conisa has no plan to reproduce this and other legendary SL series lens...

[/quote]

The APO Lanthar 125mm is a different animal.

I heard some conjecture that it was discontinued because it was too similar to the Zeiss 100/2 Makro, except it was a bit better (going to 1:1 and was truly apochromatic), so Cosina discontinued it in deference to their customer. The other Voigtlaender SLR lenses don't compete with Zeiss as the compact offerings (20, 40, 90mm) complement their customer's faster larger optics. (The exception is the Nokton 58/1.4 but it's difficult even for Zeiss to complain about a nifty-fifty, I suppose?)

As great as the Lanthar 125mm is, it's a massive, slow focusing beast. I've never owned one, but I've had the chance to handle my friends' and it's unwieldy if hand-held on even the bigger Pentax bodies. My friends even prefer the compact metal Pentax DFA100/2.8 WR Macro. If you don't need 1:1, the APO Lanthar 90mm SLII goes to 1:3.5 or 1:1.8 (with the included close-up lens) and it's even smaller than aforementioned Pentax lens.

Messages In This Thread
Voiglander Nokton 58mm f1.4 SI II on Pentax PLEASE! - by dave9t5 - 05-13-2011, 08:26 PM