Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can pz test Nikon 35/1.8g on fx?
Nikon 35mm 1.8g dx can use on fx. And 35/1.4g is too expensive.

Could photozone test 35/1.8g, and see how bad in distortions, vignetting, ca, bokeh, Ghosting, flares?
[quote name='xiaomeng' timestamp='1304943226' post='8176']

Nikon 35mm 1.8g dx can use on fx. And 35/1.4g is too expensive.

Could photozone test 35/1.8g, and see how bad in distortions, vignetting, ca, bokeh, Ghosting, flares?

[/quote]

This is a DX lens and as such not compatible/specified for FX.

You could still consider the 35/2 or the new Samyang 35/1.4 instead.
Yeah, But it is very funny and useful.

I never consider 35/2D cause of bad mtf.

Btw, I not care distortions, vignetting, but mtf, bokeh, coma, flares. can photozone add last two tests?

[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1304943937' post='8177']

This is a DX lens and as such not compatible/specified for FX.

You could still consider the 35/2 or the new Samyang 35/1.4 instead.

[/quote]
IIRC, the AF-S 35 DX almost fills the FX frame, but only at close focus and with large apertures. At normal working distances you get black corners with this lens on FX.

Sorry, but a formal test on FX won't happen.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

[quote name='xiaomeng' timestamp='1304944766' post='8179']

Btw, I not care distortions, vignetting, but mtf, bokeh, coma, flares. can photozone add last two tests?

[/quote]

We don't consider coma as an important issue because it is an aspect which has an impact on the MTF curve. After all it is just a special kind of image blur and every blur decreases the MTFs.

We are looking into flare but it is a very difficult topic if you want to do it right.

[/quote]

None of the oldie Nikkor wides test particularly well, but in everyday use they can be ok. It depends what you do. I'm very happy with the 35/2, it's a refreshing change from hauling a big F/2.8 zoom around. Hire/borrow one, get some results, and then judge. Take pictures.

[/quote]

The MTF of the 35mm f2.8 DX on full frame won't be pretty. The 35mm f2 is not bad sharpness wise anyway...