Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent good and bad experiences with manufacturer service
This, more or less, sucks. What sucks even more is the thought that all this junk ends up on shelves and some poor soul gets it sooner or later for his/her hard earned money. Some people over here complain that my country is allegedly the dumping ground for all the bad samples; when they do, I tell them of Photozone's woes (24-70L, Nikkor 70-200 VR, etc.)

Me, I'm (relatively) lucky. Other than my own ineptitude causing $300 worth of repair work to my 16-35 II, I have all but luckily avoided any inherently faulty gear (not sure what caused my 1D II N's mirror to act up though... that cost $750 to resolve) The notable exception was Canon 17-55 IS which had IS failure after 2 months (and later refused to shoot at anything above 30mm, locking up the camera) but it was repaired under warranty. Ditto the 30D with shutter failure.

Hope I never get stuck with a dud lens.

Messages In This Thread
Recent good and bad experiences with manufacturer service - by anyscreenamewilldo - 03-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Recent good and bad experiences with manufacturer service - by Rover - 10-12-2011, 06:27 AM