Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent good and bad experiences with manufacturer service
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1301461580' post='7218']

While we are at it:

Samsung:

Last August I was about to test the Samsung 18-55mm NX. The kit lens was decentered. Unfortunately I did so after the grace period so I had to use the Samsung service - Geissler here in Germany. They replaced the lens within 4 weeks. The new sample was also decentered so back to Geissler with it. They were less than happy. For reference they requested the NX100 which we send out immediately (with attached 30/2).

1 month - no message, 2 months - no message, 3 months - I called them - they wanted to call back (didn't do so), 4 months - I called them - they wanted to call back (didn't do so), 5 months - called them - mentioned that they will send it back now. Two weeks later it arrived. Same goes for the N100 + 30/2 which never had a defect in the first place. This was about the very worst service experience ever. I'm clueless about the state of the 18-55 NX nor will I ever bother.

Canon:

Very poor service quality in general. The service personal that I met in Willich (HQ) is arrogant and unfriendly. My 15-85mm IS has a centering defect - a very obvious as illustrated with sample images. I tried 3 Canon service locations in Germany. They also said it's within factory specs. Written off as loss.

[/quote]

Well here's my 2 pence.....

Nikon (in UK)

I may just be fortunate, but 12 Nikkors have given no probs so far. All bought new, mixture of AF-D, AF-S. All very light use.

My recent Acquisition of N 70-200VR2 revealed small backfocus errors in both 4-year-old D200 bodies - Nikon UK website lists 6 authorised repairers. I took the bodies to FIXATION who are in central London. One body was fixed in one working day, the other 3 days - a fault was diagnosed and fixed in the flash of the second body. Both were cleaned, including sensors. Total cost £233. I would recommend them - they are in business to serve the professional and turn around Canon and Nikon in 2-3 days (they say) usually. Professional account holders get preference in repair times. See website, they do Nikon warranty work (probably Canon too). I understand Nikon themselves are taking 2-3 weeks at present.

I think this has the makings of a record thread....

Messages In This Thread
Recent good and bad experiences with manufacturer service - by Guest - 03-30-2011, 07:17 AM
Recent good and bad experiences with manufacturer service - by anyscreenamewilldo - 03-30-2011, 09:50 AM